Saturday 24 December 2011

It's the thought that counts

The main priority on my mind on Christmas Eve is usually, I hope I get everything I asked for. But not this year. Normally I'm buzzing and so excited, wishing that Christmas day would just hurry up and get here. Yet, I'm not this year, this year, Christmas hasn't arrived. Yes, there are odd times when I'm like..Christmas is tomorrow but as you grow up I find that excitement dies,slowly. What I am looking forward to tomorrow is not MY opening of presents but when my mum opens hers. Finally having a job means that whilst I have had No time to look for things, to find that perfect gift for her, it means that I can afford to buy her that little something extra. I do normally go with the usual perfume or bubble bath but I do love finding that little zing, that one thing which I know when she opens it, will make her smile. At the end of the day, if she doesn't like what I've brought her, I don't mind. Likewise with me. Its the thought that counts and all I could ever want; especially at Christmas is to have her there with me. Sounds simple and corny, but I like to think that it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment